Tuesday, March 8, 2016

On the edge of the rest of eternity:)


Hello, hello, hello:)  My oh my, Miss American pie, everyone! Things are getting real and serious up in Gent:)  Just had my last transfer call on Saturday night, aaanndd...I'm "dying in Gent"! (mission slang for finishing her mission)  I will finish off the last weeks of my mission right here, making my stay in Gent a total of 6 months!  But don't get crazy:)

And to wrap up said mission, I will be training! (a brand new missionary)  So, this Wednesday, Sister Lemich and I will go up to the Netherlands to drop her off and send her on her merry way (home) and I will pick up a brand new sister (we haven't had this big of a group of sisters come since I made my first appearance in the Belgium/Netherlands mission, so this is gonna change e'everythang!:)  I'm really excited for this last transfer, getting to train will definitely be new, but it's the only thing I haven't done and I'm sure having a greenie (brand new missionary) will keep me on my toes for my last transfer:)  We also get to go to the temple in the Netherlands and Keukenhof one last time in April and General Conference!  So we will be busy busy:)

It was sort of a funky dunky week, a couple of our appointments fell through and Sister Lemich got sick, and then we went up to the Netherlands for MLC at the mission home, and Sanaya and Klass from ASSEN came down to Belgium to visit me and say goodbye before I left! That was so crazy to be back with people that I hadn't seen in a year, the baby wasn't even born when I got there is now 14 months old! Gah! So, my mind freaked out a little and had a great time catching up with some of the sweetest people in the world:)

We also got to visit this older sister in a rest home in Scheldewindeke (try to say that 5x) and that could just lift anyone's spirits:) She just turned 91 and so we brought her some little chocolate hearts, cause you know, Belgium, and she was so happy to see us (although she can't really see well). She's just a sweetheart and going there makes me so happy inside:)

We had a really great day at church yesterday:) Najib, our trusty ol' Syrian friend showed up at church and said that he felt that he just needed to come and be at church; he told us that we (and the church members) are the most honest and good people that he's met in his 30 years in Belgium. He said he almost gave up hope that there were still good people in the world and then he met us:)  He's a keeper, that's for sure, and it is so cool to to help him, someone who knows so little about Jesus Christ, really understand who He is.

Jelle, another one of our investigators was able to come to Sacrament Meeting and just loved it.  he talked about how good he felt in the church and how he knew he needed to make this a bigger priority in his life. Last week, when we were teaching him, he talked about how it's difficult to accept certain things because he's a scientist and just wasn't raised with a strong religious background. But seeing him really be touched by the Spirit brought peace to my mind to know that we don't always have to have perfect evidence or have a logical explanation for everything because the Spirit will testify to our hearts that something we cannot with our limited understanding and capacity know to be true.

These next few weeks will be the most exciting ever, I'm sure, and I'm just tickled pink thinking about all the amazing opportunities I still have on my missionary and that it's finally almost General Conference (been waiting for that for 6 months). Well, I love you all!  Have a fantastic week and heaven only knows what'll happen this week!

Liefs, Zuster Dobler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom