Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Broken Things

Dear all,
We have this awesome investigator that just wants to immerse himself in all the Gospel-y things: he even ordered the little mini scriptures and carries them around everywhere. He's crazy, but also really smart and likes taking notes in church. 


We were going langs de deur (knocking doors) and I tell ya, I could write a book about all of the ridiculous excuses Dutch and Belgians can give you; my favorite to this day is "I'm cooking meat". That's it:)  Don't want to mess with that!

Went on exchanges with the Zusters in Lokeren and all went over to the craziest/sweetest Nigerian woman that always has the yummiest ice cream:)  


We had some really good lessons with our investigators this week; one said that the lesson we had this week was his favorite one that we've ever had with him because we talked the whole time about Jesus Christ. That made me really happy.

It's still so crazy to me; we're teaching two people that have absolutely no religious backgound and no idea what Jesus Christ has done for them and why it's important, so this week I was able to really think about it and testify of His eternal importance.  I also watched a lot of those Bible videos and am just in awe of who Jesus Christ was and what He means to each of us. And all the others involved, as well, the apostles, Mary and Joseph, and the people who were healed by Christ.


We've been sharing a spiritual thought with all of our members recently about broken things.  Elder Holland once said, "it takes broken clouds to make rain, broken earth to grow grain, broken grain to make bread and broken bread to nourish us, these are the cycles of life."

God loves a broken heart most of all because He can fix it. Christ had to die of a broken heart so that He could know exactly how to make us whole. From the beginning, we've had to be broken in order to learn, and grow.  We should never think that God doesn't love us because we're broken; all of His children, except Jesus Christ, are broken. But that's what dad's are for. They fix things:)

"But blessed are the poor who are pure in heart, whose hearts are broken, and whose spirits are contrite, for they shall see the kingdom of God coming in power and great glory unto their deliverance." (D&C 56:18)

Liefs, Zuster Dobler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom