Zuster Johanna Sophia Dobler has accepted a call to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months in the Belgium Netherlands Mission. She is excited to share goodness, the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
The many thoughts of Zuster Dobler
Well, we're down to 37 days, people! Please stop freaking out; I'm doing enough of that for us all, I think. To be honest, I don't really think I'm almost done with my mission...pretty sure it's just a joke that President and the office ragamuffins are playing on me. But I guess we shall see what we shall see.
Training gives me a whole other thing to deal with (in the best way possible, peoples). I'm really grateful that I get to do it and learn to grow my last transfer. Pretty sure my eye twitches when I'm stressed (but that doesn't happen often). It's definitely helping me work to the very end, to be a good example, and always willing to learn. I'm trying to work on a Christ-like attribute each transfer and for this one, my "dying" transfer, I have decided to concentrate on diligence; to be diligent to the end, and not just the end of the my mission, but the end of my life...which also technically never ends, so I guess my plan is to always be diligent? yep, that's the plan, I guess.
I was reading in the Book of Mormon the other day, thinking about, sometimes, the blasted pride that some people have I myself included) and then I read: "And now, my beloved on, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God." (Moroni 9:6) Hmmm, yes.
We've had a pretty crazy week what with all these referrals we've been receiving from this Easter initiative and The Lamb of God DVD. It's got us traveling to the boonies and outskirts of Belgium, but we've seen some really awesome things happening with it; so far, each time we look up a referral, they themselves aren't interested, but then as we're leaving we stumble upon someone else that's just amazing and looking for something in their lives. It's really awesome to experience being in just the right place at the right time that Heavenly Father wants us to be:)
I also went on a sort of exchange with Zuster Hanny! While our greenies were in Brussel for some legality stuff, she came here and worked with me and we taught our investigator together. It was probably one of the best lessons I've ever had; this guy, Freddy, is amazing and is willing and wanting to find out for himself what in the world we're talking about:) We watched the "Hallelujah" video with him and that spurred an amazing discussion about our personal responsibility and decision to follow Jesus Christ and to accept that love that He wants to give us. He mentioned that he loves the spirit that we bring each time and told us that he knows we're good people and he admires our faith and wished he could have it. He's a gem and he bakes cake for us everytime we're there:) #gezellig
I've been reading Jesus the Christ, trying to finish it, but it's so fitting that I am now reading the accounts about His last few hours on earth; Him being betrayed; Him suffering, the Sacrament, His last declaration of love for His apostles, and His final act of love and submission to His Father's will. Easter is on the way and I am really working on being able to truly appreciate the love that Jesus offers us.
Liefs, Zuster Dobler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.
Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom