"Going to the temple...not to get married"...So anyways, we got to go to the TEMPLE:) and KEUKENHOF. Needless to say, it was a wonderful week and I wish I could replay Thursday over and over again. We began our week by going on fabulous exchanges with my favorite Zuster Hanny and her comp in Lokeren, where we were able to look up a potential that I had found the last time I was on exchanges and she let us right in and we had an amazing time together. She had a Pug named Joey and he bit my scarf. No, Joey.
We went up to Nederland a day early because Zr. Majors needed to pick up her verblifsvergunning, identify card ofzoiets, for the Netherlands and then worked with Zoetermeer sisters the rest of the day, which proved to be quite exciting because their ward was having a youth missionary activity to simulate the MTC/mission field for the YM/YW. I was able to act as an investigator while they "knocked on my door." And then we got a lift on over to the mission home, where we slept over for Temple Conference the next day.
The temple is oh so beautiful and makes me happier than ever. The Den Haag temple is especially beautiful and so Dutch, you'd be wise to go:) After the temple, we made our way to the church building where I gave my DYING TESTIMONY, my last words, my last given testimony as a missionary in front of our missionaries, if you want to make it sound less dramatic. But it totally happened and for a minute or two, it hit me and the eyeballs cried and now I'm back to reality and I don't actually think it is all happening! Still trying to decide whether that's healthy or not....
And then we went to Disneyland, except this Disneyland doesn't have tea cup rides, characters, or anything of the sort, but tulips and buttloads and buttloads of them! It was the perfect day and I didn't fall in the water this time! Redeemed. And then, that evening, we went our merry way down south, the 5ish or so hours of train rides were accompanied with exhaustion and happiness, no never fear:)
We got back to reality the last few days of the week after floating around in tulip heaven, and had some really awesome lessons with some of the most amazing people I've ever met (sometimes I think God might love them a little more, just cause they're that great:) And we also had Stake Conference this week in Brussel; I got to see all the lovely people of the Maastricht/Heerlen again and I've still up in the clouds daarover. I love those people:)
Well, as you can see, it was indeed a "full rich week" as Hawkeye would say. Typical.They make one of the last weeks the best just so they can rub it in your face that you don't get this for much longer.
We got back to reality the last few days of the week after floating around in tulip heaven, and had some really awesome lessons with some of the most amazing people I've ever met (sometimes I think God might love them a little more, just cause they're that great:) And we also had Stake Conference this week in Brussel; I got to see all the lovely people of the Maastricht/Heerlen again and I've still up in the clouds daarover. I love those people:)
Well, as you can see, it was indeed a "full rich week" as Hawkeye would say. Typical.They make one of the last weeks the best just so they can rub it in your face that you don't get this for much longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.
Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom