Monday, January 11, 2016

The best measure of greatness is how Christlike we are - President Ezra Taft Benson



Well, another transfer has come and gone.  I've hit the double digits finally and am beginning my 10th transfer in the loveliest of Belgian cities:)  So, this week, we've been all over the place, from Kerstmarkts, to Antwerpen, to random little dorpjes outside of Gent.  Gracious me.



On Monday, we headed on over to the Kertsmarkt (Christmas market) and castle in Gent.  I live there now. (Working on it).  On Wednesday, Zuster Karlson and I parted ways and I picked up Zuster Lemich, who came down to join me in the grandest (and most expensive) place ever.  Belgian transportation will kill ya:)

 


Speaking of Belgian transportation, I met a cool Polish guy on a bus, he's a coffin maker by trade, and I've hired him to make min, when the time comes, of course...so I've figured out that at least.

Oh! On Sunday, the Branch surprised us with a huge box of Christmas presents and treats that they had collected for the missionaries; these people are way too good:)  I went ot a Christmas devotional in Antwerpen and then we had a Kerstdienst in the church on Sunday, so I, not that it's possible to get "Christmas-ed" out, but there's been a lot of Christmas things going down this side of the Atlantic.

Well, there's a lot going on in me mind right now, too many things to put into actual words and such, but I'll do my best to put some reasonable concise thoughts down...

So, I've been thinking a lot lately about "endure to the end" - the fifth and probably most important step of the five. It's easy enough to have faith at one point or another in our lives and it's pretty simple to repent, once you have that faith and desire to do it.  And we only get baptized once and receive the Holy Ghost once; but none of those things matter if we aren't somehow changing us in the process.

I read somewhere that the word "endure" comes from Hebrew "to  make everlasting and omnipotent" (and even if it's not the exact definition, bear with me). Through continually exercising faith, repenting, and renewing our covenants, we make our conversion everlasting and we become more like our Savior. 

Our challenge to "endure to the end" is to make something out of what God has given us.  He commands us to do certain things and He has certain expectations, we do them, but to what end?  If we're being baptized or repenting, and not changing everyday because of it, then there's really no point. We're here to learn how to make things everlasting, we choose the things that will be with us forever, but then again, what do I know?:)  I love all!  Have the best Christmas you've ever had this year!
Fijne Kerst en gelukkig Nieuwejaar!

Liefs, Zuster Dobler


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom