Monday, January 11, 2016

Ah! Happy 2016!


Dearest all!
A very Merry New Years!  2015 seemed to come and go so quickly that I feel like it's just a whirlwhind of things and that maybe it never was?  2015...?  Oh well, it's probably all a conspiracy anyway, right?

We had to be inside at 16.00 on New Year's Eve and so we had our own set of festivities with them elders in our building (they sat in the hallway) and then we went to bed at 22.30 without seeing or hearing a firework. So, waking up felt like just another day, except it wasn't.


Baby, it's cold outside!
Winter is here!
Anywhoozles, I think it's fair to tell you that on January 1, 2016, the city of Gent was dead and finally started getting a little chilly (winter has finally begun *tear*). But we went to visit a 90 year old less active in a rest home (she's less active because of age, mind you) and she was so cute. We walked in and she was watching Sound of Music (my poor heart) and was trying to eat a brownie, but her dentures kept bugging her, so she just took them out and ate it gums and all:)  What a boss.  I aspire to eat brownies with my gums when I'm 90.


We had some really cool experiences this week, where it seemed like new people just sort of fell in our laps. We had a great lesson with one of our investigators and her mom and after walking out, we were headed somewhere else, but then I thought it'd be fun to just ring a couple of apartment bells and we didn't get back "Church of Jesus Christ" when this Belgian guy let us up. At first he said he was atheist, but then let us in and talked about how he's really looking for something and it was so cool to listen to him.  We're going back tonight!  

And other cool experiences with talking to people in the trams and stopping "peoples" on the street.  These next few weeks are going to be spectacular!  Also, old Belgian men drawing maps in my planner of where I can find the best frites (french fries) in Gent:)

So, life's grand and right now, I'm going through the General Conference talks again and re-reading them all.  The last one I read was President Uchtdorf's "Summer with Aunt Rose" and his parable of life and choices. We choose to be happy each day, despite what is happening and so this year, one of my goals, even though it's normally like this, is to be sincerely happy every day despite what may come:)  We can control being and I like that.

Well, I love you all and Happy Happy 2016!  (I never thought as far off as 2016)

liefs, Zuster Dobler

But as it is written, Eye hat not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom