Monday, January 11, 2016

Should auld acquaintance be forgot...nope!


Well, Christmas has come and gone (suprisingly) and now my mind is sort of exploding sometimes about the fact that 2015 is over. Looking back on my "mission year", it's all been one big blur, really (thanks to my lack of journal writing skills) but more so in the sense that holy smokes, this year has been busy, jam packed with every possible thing you could imagine and every type of weather in four different corners of the Netherlands and Beligum.  I honestly have never though far enough as 2016, so this'll be something.  I am quite excited, to say the least.  Heaven knows what I'll be doing next year at this time:)
Christmas Eve
Skyping was better than evah (you know who you are:) That's right, my family is incredible and if you haven't seen him already, baby Clark is adorable!  

This Christmas, I was humbled and suprised at the love of the members here in Gent; everyone worked so hard and went out of their way to make Christmas for the missionaries special and for that I will be forever grateful.  It's still amazing to me to be in church and watch faithful members work had with what they have and bear testimony of Jesus Christ. Somehow after dealing with the Belgians and Dutch, it's always more special to hear a sincere testimony and love for our Savior, to see that it is possible for a people who claim to be religious, but aren't or a people who don't even want to be, to be inspired by their example is just the bee's knees. They are a great example to me and I just love 'em.

Well, this Christmas week, we went over to a rest home and sang Christmas carols to the older people; we sang with an accent, yes, but I think they'll get over it:) They were so happy to see us and it was the best thing ever to see them singing along to Stille Nacht or the other ones they knew:) Old people are good.

Christmas Even we got to visit a less-active family in the farthest away dorpje you can imagine, but it was all worth it:)  And then we had a great evening with one of the best families Belgium has to offer:)  On Christmas morning, because we live in the same apartment building, we sat outside with the Elders. They made French toast and we opened our presents together:) And then we went over to a member's for lunch and on the way, we met this awesome African lady and taught her a lesson. Christmas miracles:) And the rest of the day was just as grand (skyping):)
In the elevator...
I'm so excited for the New Year and am so grateful for the things I get to experience and enjoy whilst here in the classiest of all missions:)  I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting this last Sunday about setting goals, so hopefully I can get some of those guys going for 2016.  Life is good and great:) 

I'm grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that allows us to make new resolutions and have a new beginning, every day, if we want.

Liefs, Zuster Dobler
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom