Zuster Johanna Sophia Dobler has accepted a call to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months in the Belgium Netherlands Mission. She is excited to share goodness, the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Monday, January 18, 2016
"That ye may praise him through grace divine"
Okay, let's shift into power mode. Ahem. It's finally turned into winter - woe is me! Well, wet snow, ice and coldness..but I suppose it's colder other places too...
This week we met an interesting drunk man on the tram who though we were nuns, but that didn't seem to deter him from wanting to flirt with some "nice blondes" as he said, even though his blonde wife was right there. Hmm, oh and the funniest thing in the world is to see a drunk person try to reason with a sober one. Crazy people.
We also had an awesome Plan of Salvation lesson with our good ol' friend, Najib, and he loved it! He was like "I think a lot of people don't know about this plan, otherwise they wouldn't be doing all the things that they do..." That is true, Najib. We also had some cool conversations with some honest seeking people about God and his nature. So read Jeffrey R. Holland's latest article in the Jan 2016 Liahona - it's perfect.
Brigham Young once said, "When the will, passions, and feelings of a person are perfectly submissive to God and His requirements, that person is sanctified. It is, for my will be swallowed up in the will of God, that will lead me into all good, and crown me ultimately with immortality and eternal life."
Our complete submission to God is necessary to lasting happiness and once we understand the nature of our God, it becomes a privilege to sacrifice and to submit because we see the eternal perspective and because we love Him.
Mosiah 4:6-12
6.I say unto you, if ye have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God, and his matchless power, and his wisdom, and his patience, and his long-suffering towards the children of men; and also the atonement which has been prepared from the foundation of the world, that thereby salvation might come to him that should put his trust in the Lord, and should be diligent in keeping his commandments, and continue in the faith even unto the end of his life, I mean the life of the mortal body.
7. I say, that this is the man who recieveth salvation, through the atonement which was prepared from the foundation of the world for the all mankind, which ever were since the fall of Adam, or who are, or who ever shall be, even unto the end of the world
8. And this is the means whereby salvation cometh. And there is none other salvation save this which hat been spoken of; neither are there any conditions whereby man can be saved except the conditions which I have told you.
9. Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.
10. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that ye do them.
11. And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken of by the mouth of the angel.
12. And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.
I love it all:) The hard and the easy because I love my Heavenly Father. And all of you, you know who you are!:)
Liefs, Zuster Dobler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.
Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom