Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. (Isaiah 6:8)

What a week, what a week:)  I do believe I've been chillier than I have been in quite some time, so I don't know what's a-happening:)  

Lots of things this week - new Bishop (totally called it); ward BBQ on Saturday, even though it poured for 10 hours straight, Jan surprised us at church again this week (oh Jan, you sly 83 year old devil:), had a lesson with a guy, another Jan, go figure, who literally talked for an hour straight without stopping, and we helped someone move yesterday, which reinvigorated my love of cleaning-my hands still faintly smell of bleach:)
Tiny ice cream!
Oh! and Dudley is back from Sri Lanka!  He was gone for a month and he called us Saturday to tell us he was home! He gave us some funky dunky fruit that smells like old cheese and tastes like sour patch kids...oh, it also looks like dirt.  He scooped it all out, put sugar and milk in it, and ground it all up to make a smoothie thing - I was only slightly terrified, it tasted so-so, not too shabby.

Oh! and I also discovered what lychees look like in their natural habitat, how they are found in the wild, zeg maar. They look like alien fruit.  
Lychee fruit!
 It's been crazy here in Maastricht!  I love the city, the people, and the members more than ever and I'm crossing my fingers for a 4th transfer here (even though I've still got 3 weeks)  It's the grandest of all cities and better than all the rest!

This week, we had another lesson with Eric and because he was interested, we gave him the Pearl of Great Price.  He is very interested in the pre-mortal existence and Adam and Eve/the Fall and so we discussed that a lot more with him-the necessity of the Fall, what the Savior's Atonement means for us, our potential that God saw.  Before the world was, we existed as intelligences and God saw our potential.  We did not just live as nothing, but we had potential to feel and learn, to an extent and that's where Heavenly Father decided to create His plan and give us that opportunity to further ourselves.
After a long day...still kind of smiling
I've begun reading the Bible "from the beginning" and I'm now almost to Exodus-first of all, let me just say, that the Bible has some of the most wacked-out things ever. Like why?  But I'm at Joseph in Egypt now and all I can sing now is Joseph ATATD-thanks Andrew Lloyd Webber for PG-ing the Bible:)  I love reading it, and then I always finish off with the Book of Mormon and it is such a wonderful thing to read how Christ focused it is.

"For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.

24 And notwithstanding we believe in Christ, we keep the law of Moses, and look forward with steadfastness unto Christ, until the law shall be fulfilled.

24 For, for this end was the law given; wherefore the law hath become dead unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of your faith; yet we keep the law because of the commandments.

26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophesies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." (2 Nephi 25:23-26)

Christ is the center of everything because it is dankzij Hem (Because of Him) that we can do all things.  It is in Christ that we find our greatest relief from everything that besets us.

"Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism."
Alma 7:12


I just can't say enough, but I know that He lives and that He cares.  I love you all and most joy that I can feel is when I know that others feel His love for them!  Be excellent to one another and love one another as Jesus loves you:)

liefs,
Zuster Dobler



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom