It reminds me of summer and popsicles and swimming pools:) But let's take a look back on what July 8th has offered us over the years. 1. I was born on a hot summer day! (It was 113 F to be exact!) 2. This time last year Germany not only kicked Brazil's soccer butt, but basically destroyed Brazilian morale as we know it and I think those are the two most important events:)
Anyway, I'm only slightly going through my post-teenage crisis and I'll be fine. I'll definitely get over it by the time I'm 30.
Well, the news from this week is HEAT and oh, did I mention the 700% humidity that comes with it? I have no idea what happened this week, because it basically melted away....
We finally got a fan on Saturday, named him Samuel, and he's been doing a pretty good job of keeping us cool, never mind the fact that the heat wave ended Saturday night, but that's just getting into details... But, really, I've never experienced the stupidity of humidity in all its horrifying glory. I should not complain, one week out of the year so far:) The elders slept in their bike garage because it was so hot, but we never got to that level.
![]() |
| 700% humidity does this to you... |
We emphasized the importance of prayer and how God will still be God whether or not we pray to Him; He already knows what we are thinking and everything, what we will say and do so why would it be important for us to pray to Him? It's for us, to be able to humble ourselves and show God our willingness to love and depend on Him. A few weeks ago, we showed him "The Hope of God's light" and he really thought that was special, that prayers are not answered always right away, but they are answered. Right now, he's on the search to find out if God is real and if He is, who He is. His desire is there and grows stronger each time we meet with him. He is a blessed soul...who owns the cutest kitten ever:)
Oh! Monday evening, Zuster Twiggs and I knocked on the door of this African man's house, who enthusiastically let us in once he heard the words "Jesus Christ". He is apparently going to help us find and get to know the REAL Jesus of Nazareth, so it was quite the experience; not sure if he understands that we've already found Him or not, but you know...He also sings before he prays, these African/French/English chanting "hallelujah and do you have a reason to praise the Lord", which I'm still working on keeping a straight face throughout...
![]() |
| I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date...bedtime! |
President Robinson shared this in one of the last emails to us: "At the end of the day, faith is a choice; it is not conditional on something you must first earn or learn." Faith IS a choice. I've had my own problems that I needed to work out, my own testimony to gain, but THE first step is choosing to believe. Once we choose to open ourselves to the Spirit, then He can enter. The Lord will not break down our door, but He will gladly stand outside it as long as it takes for us to open it and let Him in.
But, like President said, faith is a choice. We are not entitled to anything and we shouldn't just sit there waiting for Him to appear to us. We need to choose for ourselves if we want to and how much we want to let Him into our lives. Only then, will we be able to find that peaceful joy and contentment in the Gospel.
Faith is a choice and I choose to believe in a God that loves me and the people I love, and everyone for that matter. With God, life isn't necessarily easy, but it's possible and more so than that, it's fulfilling. I love you all! Wish me luck on my 3rd decade! Bah!
liefs, Zuster Dobler
![]() |
| Sister Missionary Sock tan, the direct result of demonstrating faith and serving a full-time mission..Happy Feet! |



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.
Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom