Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I'm trying to be like Jesus :)


Ah, the week, the week:)  What did I do?  Better questions, what didn't I do?  To start off, I should mention that I was in Belgium and Germany for most of my week, but what's new?:)  We had Zone Conference on Thursday in Antwerpen and met the new mission president, President Bunnell and his wife-it's so interesting the differences in personalities you can have between people.  Thus, my Bunnell chapter of my mission begins...Also we have to start wearing helmets - we will see what we shall see:)

Antwerpen Centraal is THE most beautiful train station probably in the world; I've heard it used to be a castle or mansion or something like that, but you guys should totally google that thing:) And there's a convenient Luikse waffles and softijs stand right when you get off the escalator:) Thank you.
Antwerpen Centraal
Oh! and then there was Germany. Just hop on over the border with me as we help a member and his wife move into their new apartment. We spent the majority of the day there, moving things in and having the necessary BBQ afterwards (it was necessary, according to them)  It always astounds me how compact the Europeans can be and how well they can use their limited space so effectively.

Also!  We slept over in Turnhout on Wednesday night and guess who was transferred to Turnhout?  The ever so lovely Zuster Voss:)  So we had a fabulous evening and all day together at Zone Conference:)
Zuster Voss!

Zone Conference Zusters Unite!
OH and miracle of miracles?  I simply MUST tell you all about Joyce!  She found us!  We were dropping off cookies to an investigator and Joyce, the neighbor, walked up to us and asked if we were the Mormons, because she was one too! She's from Curacao and her mom used to be amazingly active, but after her mom's death, it's been hard for her.  But we've had a few lessons with her these past few weeks and her kids love us and evidently have been taught a lot about the Gospel already.

Last night, we had a sort of FHE and watched Finding Faith in Christ - all the kids were glued to the screen and loved it (even the "cool" 14 and 12 year old boys!)  They are all just so interested and want to come to the ward BBQ on Saturday, so we're making that happen!

She and her family are just a miracle:)  We weren't planning on being by Joyce's that evening, but we were, even though it didn't make sense to stop there first - we should have done her neighbor last....But the kids aren't baptized and Joyce really wants to start making church more important and so we're going to be working our very hardest with them:)

Also, ERIC PRAYED!  The same Eric who talked to us at King's Day but also said that he doesn't believe in God and whom we've had several long talks about what it means to us if God DID exist and how the only way to know if He does exist is to pray. And he did!  He is beyond words to describe and it is such a joy to see him feel more comfortable and willing to find out, not for us, but for himself, what it would mean if God existed and if He loved Him. Just so good in so many ways:)

Maastricht is the city of miracles and also the best city in Nederland.  'Nuff said.
Celebrating miracles and goodness in Maastricht!
This is what's been in my head the past few days and it's so great to bike around, watching other people, singing this to myself, and trying to see the good things in the world:) They are everywhere!  Good people and good things exist.  That is what I have learned; because God loves us, there will always be good things in the world.  

Well, I love you all!
Liefs, Zuster Dobler


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom