Monday, August 3, 2015

Miracles are a thing:)

Miracle of miracles! Dudley, or Dudders, as I like to call him, finally came back to church after not coming since I've been in Maastricht (and then some...).  He's had every health challenge imaginable and each time he feels even slightly better, he develops something new, but he overcame all of that this week to finally come back to church and I think just having him back reinvigorates his testimony and gets him out of this rut that he's been in for the past 4 1/2 months.  So fasting works.

The weather this past week has been oh so crazy!  Never before have I been so wet as I was last Thursday. Soaked to the bone and today it's super warm and I'm pretty sure the weather is spazzing out.
Lots of rain!!


Wet, yet happy missionaries
 Oh! The Ironman competition came to Maastricht!  So, at 6am on Sunday, contestants were swimming in the Maas and then they biked from Maastricht to Valkenburg (which is no easy feat) and then ran a buttload.  Super cool:)  We only saw the remnants of it because, you know, church, but still pretty cool:)
Ironman meets Maastricht
 


Oh! and we're also now taking singing lessons with the elders from our very own 83 year old Jan:)  He used to play the organ in his church and was a music teacher and so we asked him if he'd like to do a musical number with us in church:)  It's something else:)

And we had interviews with the new mission president and his wife on Saturday.  We also bought our handy dandy helmets...apparently for a good price.

The thing is, now I just bike super fast, One, because with a helmet I'm invincible, right? Two, I'm hoping I'll bike by fast enough before I can hear people's comments, Three, if I bike fast enough by people, they'll just see a blur and won't be able to make out the actual helmet upon mijn hoofd (my head) :)  My pride has brought me very low:)

So many crazy, good, amazing things happening and it's only August!  Ah! It's August!
Maastricht in all it's glory...
I've been reading the last chapters of Genesis lately and because of that, I've got Joseph ATATD in my head all the time:)  

Well, I love you all! Sorry it's a little shorter this week! Read the scriptures everyday, pray, and help others on their way:)
Love one another as Jesus loves you!

Liefs, Zuster Dobler


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom