Sunday, November 29, 2015

Happy Turkey Day



The first frost of this year!  Yes. It's getting quite chilly, but that only adds to the illusion that Christmas is on its way! Happy 1 months and 2 days til Christmas countdown:) Anyways, this last week we went to Brussels (#awk) for
P-day and went to a chocolate factory!  They had unlimited chocolate samples; the samples were unlimited although my body has built up its own limitations...but that is the beauty of Belgium.


As, we're whitewashing in Belgium, both Zuster Karlson and I have to remain patient with the blasted public transportation system and I've become accustomed to getting lost (very quickly) but! Through trial and error, we're starting to get the hang of things and one day I'll know Gent like the back of my hand:)



Also, went over to an African members house for dinner and because I told her that I want to be a doctor, she decided that there's no time like the present to begin practicing...she had a swollen thumb and was using a needle through her nail to release the excess of blood and she wanted me to do it...She was like "Do it and I will tell you if it is paining me."  So I did.
Dr. Dobler...
Zone Training was this week and I was able to give my presentation on the love of God and how our love for Him should be our greatest motivation for everything that we do. It was a really great Training - I learned a lot and the Zone leaders found a hedgehog in the forest next to the church in Antwerpen, so I got to hold the little sucker:)  Also, we had a missionary blitz in Brugge and Sister Karlson and I found St. Niklaas and Zwarte Piet....6-8 black men anyone?
Bucket list....hold a hedgehog...check!
We also had two lessons with our investigators, Nicky this week, and she came to church!  She's so sweet and it's just amazing to see how the Lord works with us and prepares people through experiences in their lives to feel the Spirit.  She's our little tender mercy of the Lord, when I get lost in Gent or I don't know which bus stop it is.   I remember that God takes care of it all and Nicky is a living example of that.



I've been trying lately to see people through God's eyes.  To "love one another as Jesus loves you" it's so simple and yet, I think if we all saw each other for who we really are, the world would be a better place. We love him, because he first loved us. (1 John 4:19)

Next week, Thanksgiving will be over and Christmas will be onderweg (finally!)
Liefs, Zuster Dobler


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom