Sunday, November 29, 2015

Belgium has called (well, specifically President Bunnell) and I aswered



Amsterdam Centraal

Enkhuizen

Elder Nye's getting transferred

Where in the world am I?  I'm definitely not in the Netherlands anymore: no OV-chipkaarts, unrefrigerated milk (that reminds me of Oma and I love it), and the Belgian funk-which is a thing:) and I've traded in the harsh Noord-Hollands "G" for the melodic tones of Vlaams.  So, I'm living in a whole new country, and though it sort of feels like the Netherlands, do not make the mistake that they're the same.  Cause they most certainly aren't.  At least what I've seen:) 

Anyway, I'm down here in Gent with Zuster Karlson, from my MTC group, once upon a time.  I have to say, that when I move, I really move.  North to south, south to north and then some:)  It's great.
Zuster Dobler and new companion, Zuster Karlson
Apparently, Gent's a blessed city and all because we were just sitting on a bus and this Bulgarian dude comes up to us and asks us which church we're from. Apparently, he met with some missionaries in Bulgaria and was starting to go to church there, so now, he wants to come to church and get a new Bulgarian BOM...okay., dat mag:)

And then, we get this phone call, that same day (we'd been in Gent for almost a day by then) and this lady calls us and was like "I want to know meet with you"  We didn't know if she was a member, an investigator, or what, but we met up at the church, not really knowing what to expect. So, we met her and she's none of the above.  She received a BOM from elders three years ago and recently she has been having more and more doubts about her religion and been looking for something to answer her questions.  

And apparently, the Book of Mormon has answered every single one.  She loves the Book of Mormon, Thomas S. Monson, General Conference, The Mormon Channel and wants to know when she would have to start paying tithing and living the Word of Wisdom....Needless to say, she wants to get baptized and so now we'll be working with her to help her get baptized probably in December, if all goes well. She just came completely out of nowhere. And thus we see that the Lord prepares people to receive the  Gospel with joy:)

Oh, also, I'm Sister Training Leader down here in  Zone Antwerpen, so tomorrow at Zone Training.  I'll be giving a presentation.  If I was giving it in General Conference and I needed to title it, it would be "Fear God and Love all Man", taking my inspiration from Exodus 18:21: Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens"

Temple, Den Hague, Netherlands 

Our motivations for anything we do in this life, but especially missionary, should be our love of God.  It should be our motivation because that's His motivation for the things he does and us-love. When we do things solely out of the love we have for Him, purposes become more fulfilling and God's great plan of happiness moves forth because we are striving to reach the measure of our creation which is become like Him.

Belgian liefs,
Zuster Dobler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom