![]() |
| Jan's baptism |
![]() |
| Zuster Dobler and new companion, Zuster Twiggs |
We also have a few investigators this week: one guy Sister Manning and I met op straat (on the street), who is super positive and religious (he took us out to a swanky cafe for lunch while we shared the first lesson:)
He's from Indonesia and said that a few years ago he was really depressed and suicidal and was planning on jumping out in front of a train but before he could, he saw an amazingly bright white light and a man standing in front of him with prints in His hands...!
Afterwards, he didn't want to kill himself and he is so happy and has found ways to have peace in his life. He is amazing and we are excited to meet with him again!
Then we biked on over to our appointment with these two Jehovah Witnesses, which is nothing less than interesting, to say the least:) Our next appointment is in 1 1/2 weeks and so I'm brushing up on my Bible, pouring over Gospel Principles, and looking at General Conference talks:) It's just super interesting because they are both preparing to go on missions as well, so it would be if I met with Jehovah Witnesses. We will learn lots, I'm sure:)
![]() |
| District Maastricht |
In district meeting last week, one of the District Leaders shared this scripture:
2 Corinthians 12:5-10
"Of such an one will I glory; yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities. For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
And lest I should be exalted above measure through abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn of flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above messenger.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then am I strong.
![]() |
| Zuster Dobler and Elder Harrie, "the best missionary in the mission" |
Glory in your infirmities that you may come closer to Christ and through His grace, which is really just His love that empowers us, our weaknesses can become strengths in order to take one step closer to becoming as He is.
Moroni 7:48
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is, that we have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen
Our purpose is to become as Christ and it is Heavenly Father's glory to help us along the path. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. (Luke 12:32)
Have a great week!
Liefs, Zuster Dobler
![]() |
| "Read my book. I'm so excited." |





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.
Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom