![]() |
| Zuster Jensen, Bernadette, Zuster Dobler enjoying a beautiful day in Nederland! |
"Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" with all the these months going by so fast. ..."In November the snow starts to fly, piling up, ankle high, in December it's up to your knees, still a bride's a bride to be (thank heavens)...April showers will come so they say, but they don't, and it's May, you're about to forget the whole thiiiiinngg, all at once, one day is spring!"
And another month. Man, life would be so much awesomer in musical form; one day I'll write a musical about my mission and 'twill be amazing.
Anyway, this week, it seems will be the only normal one this whole transfer: we've got service projects, sisters conference, zone training, temple conference, General Conference and everything in between lined up, so this week, seemingly, is the "calm before the storm", "zeg maar" - storm of awesomeness, though.
We had a lot of great things happen this week-whilst "langs de deur" (next door), we met a younger lady who is very interested, took a BOM (Book of Mormon), and said we could come back because she wants to know more and understand what the Book of Mormon is! And then we took a potential investigator and switched that around and now he's a progressing investigator! Bippity-boppity-boo!
Zuster Jensen's tire, for some reason, went completely flat halfway through the day, so we walked about 45 minutes to our next appointment and then when we got home, I went all "Home (Bike) Improvement" on that thing and patched that sucker up:)
My hands were black with industry and smelled like manly success. "You know when you get those manly urges, and you've just go to kill something...fix things, cook outdoors..." (Disney's Mulan). I think I want a bike when I get home just so I can patch up the tires:)
We had a fantabulous lesson with a less-active family and every time we meet with them, you can see that familiar spirit coming back to them, touching their hearts as it did before, and it's hard not to feel the Spirit and love these people to bits.
The mission call letter says that as you serve, you will experience more happiness than you have ever felt and I have some to see that I am feeling a different sort of happiness as I serve these wonderful people; my happiness is their happiness and as I see the beautiful little steps they take as they work to be closer to their Savior, I am happier than I could ever be.


In helping people recognize their divine nature and individual worth, there comes the task of helping them realize that they are in fact important and that although they are moving slowly, they are most definitely moving!
"It's the little things" (Shoutout to the Goodman Family) and "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass."
A "mighty change of heart" comes day in and day out and it is only achieved by making small alterations in your life that bring about obvious changes. For myself, conversion, or even a testimony didn't come as a result of one prayer, one night (in a galaxy far, far away) (Star Wars), no, but through a constant never-ending plea to Heavenly Father, each day and each night. I prayed and continue to pray each day that my testimony will be strengthened and that I might be able to recognize its development.
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God? And now, behold, you have received a witness; for it I have told you things which no man knoweth have you not received a witness?"
(D&C 6:22-24)
President Ezra Taft Benson, said, "For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a god-like life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were filled with fire and with the Holy Ghost and they knew it not" (3 Nephi 9:20), Ensign, 1989.
Our lives will be what we make of it and as we work to be a little better, a little happier, through our Savior, Jesus Christ, we will see obvious bursts of light frequenting our days, making clear the dark path that we would otherwise stumble through. Life is as amazing as we want it to be; the possibilities are endless because "adventure is out there!" (Disney's "UP").Liefs, Zuster Dobler
"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."
D&C 6:36
![]() |
| Bernadette and Zuster Dobler enjoying the possibilities of this amazing life! |


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.
Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom