Dun-Dun-Dun-DUUUUNN! Today is my halfway mark at the MTC (3 weeks) and though it feel like I've been here forever, it also goes by incredibly fast. I've also come to the realization that nowhere else in the world and at no other time in my life will I be able to have such a strict and full schedule where I have the opportunity to learn and grown than while I'm at the MTC (Missionary Training Center). Even in the mission field, you have a skeleton of a schedule that you adhere to, but then the rest is up to you. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have 6 weeks of uninterrupted focus and learning.
![]() |
| Sister Missionaries from the Belgium/Netherlands Mission |
![]() |
| Dutch Class! |
![]() |
| Belgium-Netherland Missionaries from District C in front of the Provo Temple |
Last night, we had an amazing speaker, Sister Burton, the RS General President and her husband; she talked about how John 3:16 is the best verse that can describe God's love for us in that He truly did give his only begotten son because He loved us.
She then had us think and share with our neighbor what song/scripture about the Atonement/Christ that is special to us - I immediately thought of "I Love to learn of Jesus Christ" (Mom). Anyway, this week has been awesome, spiritual-wise.
I am oh so very very excited for Thanksgiving! It's going to be amazing (there will be pie, I shall make sure of it) and we are going to have a "special speaker" (still hoping!) and it'll just be awesome. We're expecting to get our flight plans the day after Thanksgiving or something so it's be just like Christmas!
I am having a grand ol' time in the MTC choir - we're singing "Come Thou Fount" for Thanksgiving (btdubs (by the way), Thanksgiving in Dutch is...wait for it...Thanksgiving; who'duh thought:) Everyone I meet asks, "Did you do drama?" 'cause you should!" So that's that. Apparently...A sister in my district and I do quite enjoy singing in the showers - we want to do a Christmas song the Sunday before we leave...Christmas!!!
I was sick this week, kinda, with a cough and a messed up nose, but I'm on the mend, so no worries there:) Rustig aan means basically hakuna matata which is wonderful so we all go around saying "rustig aan muvrouw" (hakuna matata woman).
I've had Aristocrats in my head this week if you hadn't notices...Oh Kerstin and Michael! One of the sisters going to the Germany Berlin mission was in my YSA (Young Single Adults) ward at BYU and her name is Sister Curry.
New Swedish, Danish and Norwegian missionaries are coming to our zone today - our zone is Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Icleand, Belgium-Netherlands-So Scandinavia minus Finland and plus Bel-Neth.
For Drea's Christmas present, I know what I want to give her, but I hav eto wait until they reorder it at the bookstore (boekwinkkel) so hopefully I can get it sent soon. Two Danish sisters and one Dutch elder left this week so we took zone pictures in the stairwell so those are those pics, um, and then just other ones of radom things-I am working on taking more pictures, I just don't usually have me camera with me:) So that's my November resolution.
I love you all and so happy to be on a "mish". It is truly the most amazing time (and it's the only been three weeks!) Remember how much the Lord has blessed you and strive to build a stronger relationship with the Savior by reading more about Him and His true character. Read Brad Wilcox's "His Grace is Sufficient" It keeps coming back to me!
Love each other most of all because that is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Remember that though He's turning planets and forming new unfathomable things, He drops everything to answer a little prayer or to help a sister missionary feel even more happy than she already is. He is truly marvelous. Be happy! I always recite in my head, "I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful", Oh Bob:)
Love, Zuster Dobler (Z. Dobs as I've humbly dubbed myself)
![]() |
| Sister Dobler with her companion, Sister C. |






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.
Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom