Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"The baby is breathtaking, Jerry" AH!

"The Lord works from the inside out.  The world would take people out of the slums.  Christ takes the slums out of the people and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment.  The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature."   - Ezra Taft Benson

All the babies are being born!  Congratulations to me! I finally made it to be a Tante, the baby is here!:)  The only thing left to do is to convince and slowly indoctrinate 'ol Clark into understanding that I'm the best Tante in the world:)  He's perfect and came on the perfect day:)  I love how the Lord blesses us with little tender mercies (sounding like Mom..) to remind us of how much He is truly aware.
Introducing the little guy who made Zuster Dobler a "Tante":
Clark Heinz Henrie, born September 4, 2015 on the 80th birthday
of his German great grandpa. who passed away in 1976.
His being born on his birthday is a special Family Miracle,
so he naturally inherited his great-grandpa's name, Heinz.
This week was fabulous and by the way, it's officially autumn here.  It's cooler and it basically rained more this last week than it has in California the past five years.  Oh! We also have a leak in our roof, (blijkbaar), so we woke up to a wet kitchen floor:) The sound of dripping water into our mixing bowl brings back feelings and memories of a simpler time; I feel like I'm in the Waltons...#goodnightjohnboy...

Speaking of the roof, there are steps to get on our roof, so we took them!  Also, the bells of the cathedrals next to us play the HARRY POTTER theme song at 13.00 and 15.00!
On top of the roof....because there are steps!
These past few weeks we've been holding several FHE's which is awesome, still brainstorming on how to make them leuker for the chitlins, but we had a great FHE with familie Teekens this last Monday and we played Pictionary and we had to draw things that we are grateful for and the less active husband drew the cross to symbolize the Atonement and so we decided then and there to watch "Dankzkj hern" (Because of Him), and you could definitely feel the tangibleness of the Spirit.

We also had a great week of contacting and look ups; met some people with random Santa Claus statues in the hallway and a cool Moroccan Muslim dude who invited us to read the Koran at his house whenever we want:)  We also met the sweetest Filipino girl, Princess (she's basically a princess) and taught her a rad (discussion) and invited her to read the BOM (got on for her in Tagalog - don't know how people read that) and invited her to baptism.  She said that she feels a lot like Joseph Smith in search for the true church. She's a doll:)

So, this last week Zuster Hanny and I solved the Gospel...I't too much to write all down and I'm pretty sure the computer wouldn't be able to handle it, but it has to do with the agency we are given and the reasoning behind it. God gave us our agency and the reasoning behind it. God gave us our agency in order to allow for our very natures to change because we want them to.

That's the key-the only way to create truly lasting conversion is to have come from ourselves. God is perfect.  He will not force us to believe in Him because that would benefit us nothing.  I've come to the conclusion that I myself, cannot really "say how it is" because I am not even capable of fathoming "all that the Father hath", let alone ready to receive it.  And that's where faith comes in.  Where it becomes necessary to trust in One much higher than myself because eventually, I have nothing more to offer myself.  In Dutch, it's begrensd, limited.

This transfer we're focusing on "Teaching People, not lessons" (my favorite topic). As I meet more people each day, I come to understand more fully that each and every ohne of us are completely and beautifully unique; we are quite literally individuals.

No one will ever have the same life, experiences, or perspectives as the other and that is why Christ is so very vital to our progression.  He is the only one who understands us, the people we teach and try to talk to, they are people with their own worries, lives, hopes, and burdens.  the only way to truly help them, then, is to help them feel Christ's love for them.  And that's what we're here to do:)

Everything is truly grand here (I simply can't wait for Christmas, but Halloween and Thanksgiving will have to do for now:)

Liefs, Zuster/Tante Dobler
#mynephewiscuterthanalltheotherbabies
The new and improved Henrie Famly:
Mama Erika, baby Clark and Daddy Drake
"Cuter than all the other babies": Clark Heinz Henrie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom