Monday, April 6, 2015

"So, thank you for the music..."


"April showers will come, so they say," and they do, they really do. And also random hail clouds, but I digress.  
Caught in a random hailstorm
Then this beautiful stuff
We had the most loveliest of lessons on Monday with a "helemaal nieuw onderzoeker" (completely new investigator).  We found him while we were looking up a less-active member, but he wasn't home so we tried his neighbor and dun-dun-dun-dah!  bippety-boppity-boo and ala-kazaam!

He is the most wonderful and open person evah!  And I may have done a little dance after his lesson.  We taught the Restoration and as we were talking about the First Vision, I felt as though I had been hit by something and I just knew that what we were teaching him was true. An indescribable Spirit was felt there and it was amazing to see him feeling that as well, that understanding and acknowledgement of God's awareness of us come over him. Muwah.  Miracle.
Days are getting longer...bright light after 8:30pm
On Tuesday, it was probably the windiest day of my entire life - the "bovenleiding" (overhead wiring) for the trains were made kaputt as a result of the winds, and so halfway through our trip back from district meeting, we had to get off, take a different train and then a bus to get back to Assen. There was a little "Titanic action" going on as one bus took only as many as it could then left the rest of use for awhile before another one came to get us, but in iedere geval, (any case) we made it back, just in time to get on another bus to look up a referral and then we got back from there, just in time to take yet another bus to our dinner appointment.

Needless to say, we spent Tuesday in 6 different cities/towns/dorpjes: Assen, Zwolle, Hoogeveen, Beilen, Smile, and Gasselte.  Tuesday out.  

Friday was basically ABBA day - on the bikes, ringing bells, on the street, e'rywhere:)  Even softened some grisly old Dutchmen's hearts:) Thank you ABBA.  I've come to the conclusion that any song can be spoofed into becoming a missionary related one. Try it.  It works with anything, lots of musicals, luckily:)

But, I'm just beating around the bush; I know what we all want to talk about: GENERAL CONFERENCE:) (Algemene Conferentie) was absolutely superb, although I haven't watched the last session yet. But ah!  Just wonderful!  We watched Saturday Morning session Saturday evening and the Sat Afternoon session on Sunday Morning.  (I kept getting confused thinking that President Eyring wore the same tie two days in a row...)

Shout out to Elder Bednar for rocking the gray suit, by the way:)  And then we watched the Sunday Morning "sesh" Sunday evening. Easter is such a beautiful time and I am truly grateful every day that I have to improve and help others gain the light that comes only through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Mosiah 16:8-9 "But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.  He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."  

With the Savior's Atonement and incomprehensible love, we don't need to worry; more than that, we have every reason to rejoice! To be happy today, tomorrow and for years to come! 

We are loved by the most perfect and most precious Being to ever walk this earth and because of Hi, everything is made right.  Maybe not in our timeline, but because His love is perfect, all will work out to the best of our advantage. I am so grateful to Him and love Him with all my heart.  

Be happy and make others happy:)
Liefs, Zuster Dobler


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom