Monday, January 19, 2015

You could put Nutella on dirt and it would still taste good

Happy end to my first transfer here in Nederland!  And guess what?  I get to stay in Assen for another 6 weeks! I am oh so happy to be able to continue to learn and grow and spend time here in the glorious fog of Assen. It is truly a special place and so I am simply thrilled that Zuster Voss and I get to stay together for at least one more transfer in Assen:)
Joyful to be able to stay in Assen for 6 more weeks!
So, this week was crazy busy-we had afspraak after afspraak (appointment after appointment) but it was great:)  Lots of wind, biking and a few butt craps (landing on her bum), due to biking, scattered into the week.  I went on exchanges again this week to Apeldoorn and had a bike fall on top of me, so I only bled internally for a spell, now I have a battle bruise (like a battle scar, but much less intimidating).

At our dinner appointment in Apeldoorn, Brother Kloosterboer had a killer binder full of old money from all over the world before the euro came, so I got to see all kinds of awesome old money, including the Dutch gulden and German mark -he had a 5 million mark note from 1922 and that just goes to show what inflation can do, ladies and gentleman.  We also had interviews with President and Sister Robinson on Thursday.

It snowed on Wednesday!  Just for a little while but it was quite interesting to be biking through the rain and then realize that the rain is getting heavier and thicker and whiter!  Tut, Tut, looks like snow!:)  So yes, things are going well and lookin' fine:)  
First snow in Nederland!

"Snow selfie with Marjon-the most amazing person ever. She's perfect"

Black licorice drops are a big thing here (Dad) and it frustrates me how people think that they can call "tar" candy. No, no, they are spice black drops of death and only people who are "levensmoe" or "lebensmuede" (tired of life) eat those for fun. Rant over.
drop
In Romans 8:28 it says that all things shall work together for the good to those who love God and going off of that, in Alma 34:41 it tells us to have patience in our afflictions with the knowledge that one day we will rest from them. One thing that always gives me consolation and keeps me happy is the knowledge that through my trials I am becoming how Heavenly Father wants me to be.  And those who love God and work to draw nearer to Him need not worry about this or that because all things work out together for the good-God is in control.  He tells us in D&C 101:16 "Be still and know that I am God".  

Love your Heavenly Father and show that love by serving others and allowing yourself to be molded into that which Heavenly Father has planned for you.  It amazes me how different each and every one of our lives are and how different each of us are; the one thing that ties us together and that provide unviersal happiness to each person, despite our different situations and outlooks on life, is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

And just for fun:)
Really, You're that smart?
Let me put it to you this way:
Have you ever heard of Plato? Aristotle? Socrates?!"
"Yes..."
"Morons." 

Have a thrilling week full of excitement and wonder!
Zuster Dobler:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in Zuster Dobler's misisonary experience. In order to keep this site protected, I would like to verify those who comments. I appreciate your understanding.

Martha Dobler, Johanna's mom